MMB4088 Boom only
MMB4088-BThe DPA MMB4088B is a cardioid prepolarised miniature headworn microphone boom designed to be used with the AHM6001 adjustable headband, or simply attached to the performers headgear. It is built on the finest DPA experiences in microphone design and manufacturing, providing the best sounding directional headworn microphone available today for performing talent in a variety of applications. In acoustically demanding live performance environments, where background noise and feedback is a concern, the MMB4088B will tackle these challenges with ease. It has a smooth and elegant design making it the least visible headworn cardioid microphone on the market today. Sound quality, visual elegance and versatility go hand in hand to transform every show into the performance of a lifetime. The capsule is a pre-polarized first order pressure gradient transducer, hidden in a small and lightweight housing with dimensions just slightly larger than DPA omnidirectional capsules.
The MMB4088B is black in colour and the mechanical design is based on the proven build quality of the 4066 headband microphone, however the boom is three centimeters longer, to be able to match the need for placement at the corner of the mouth. The flexibility and stability of this construction is unique and has no known equal. The sensitivity has been optomised at 6 mV/Pa to match the input sensitivity of most wireless transmitters and if powered correctly the microphone will be able to handle sound pressure levels up to 144dB SPL before clipping occurs. It has an integral 1.2m cable which is terminated in a MicroDot coaxial connector. A wide range of connection adapters make it possible to use the MMB4088B with most of the professional wireless systems available on the market today, or can be directly cabled and phantom powered by using the DPA DAD6001 adaptor.
Requires external power to function.
The ManufacturerAlthough DPA has technically only been in existence since 1992, the company roots go back to the 1950s, drawing on the development, designs and experience of Brüel and Kjœr, from who DPA were born. The company has enjoyed tremendous growth becoming a world leader in the design and manufacturer of world-class miniature microphone technology. Their products are globally praised for their exceptional clarity and transparency, superb specifications, supreme reliability and, above all, pure, uncoloured and undistorted sound.
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized Condenser Element with vertical Diaphragm
- Frequency Range, +/- 2 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+/-2 dB between 500 Hz and 20 kHz; 4 - 6 dB soft boost at 15 kHz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, +/-2 dB: Nominally 6 mV/PA
- Equivalent Noise Level A-Weighted: Typ. 26 dB (A) re. 20 PA
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 123 dB SPL Peak (<1%THD), 120 dB SPL sine (<1%THD)
- Max. SPL, Peak before Clipping: 144 dB SPL before Clipping
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: Min. 5 V - maks. 50 V (via DPA adapter)
- Capsule diameter: 5.5 mm (0.25 in)
- Microphone length: 11 mm (0.4 in)
- Cable length: 1,8 m (5.9 ft)
- Operating temperature range: -10 to 45 C (+14 to 113 F)